Cyber Attacks - Protecting Your Business
Cyber Attacks – Protecting Your Business
Computer hackers can initialize both physical and reputational damage to an organization and the majority of business owners are nowhere close to being prepared.
Two recent events, a take-over of a German Steel mill furnace and the theft of personal and banking info from Casino Rama attendees are examples of how hackers can shut down a business.
The unfortunate reality of a cyber attack is not a matter of if; it’s a matter of when.
So what could happen if your business is a victim of a cyber attack?
- Business interruption – even temporarily closing the doors means driving potential customers to the competition.
- Reputational damage – if your Brand is said to be 30% of your business evaluation, tainting this due to a breach could be crippling.
- The responsibility of notification to every individual whose information may have been breached gets expensive fast.
These 5 strategies will assist in protecting your business against an attack:
- Update software routinely.
- Change passwords often.
- Secure your networks.
- Encrypt data.
- Buying the right insurance.
Cyber insurance will get you back up and running !
View all news