Many of our property insurance companies are now offering Overland Water Coverage. Up until now this coverage was not available.
What is Overland Water Coverage?
- Water that accumulates upon or submerges land which is usually dry resulting from the unusual and rapid accumulation of run off surface waters from any source, including torrential rainfall and snow melt.
- The rising, breaking out or overflow of any body of fresh water.
What does this mean to you and the protection of your property?
Before this coverage was introduced the following would not have been covered by your property insurance.
- Loss or damage resulting directly from overland water-such as physical damage to the exterior or interior of your dwelling because of overland water.
- Loss or damage caused by sewer back resulting from overland water.
- Loss or damage resulting from the sudden and accidental entrance of water through foundations, basement walls or basement floors caused by overland water.
With the increased severity of storms, spring thaws and torrential rainfall, this coverage is even more important in protecting your property and contents.
With the introduction of Overland Water Coverage, revisions have also been made to Sewer Back Up coverage that you need to be aware of.
Revised Sewer Back-up Coverage
- There is NO Sewer Back-up coverage if overland water has entered the dwelling.
If you have any questions, please contact us anytime. We are here to help.
View all news