Thank you for visiting our COVID page, hopefully you have had a chance to watch our video above. We are thrilled to report that our staff members are safe and working from home. We are 100% operational and here to provide the same service standard you have come to expect from us. Our phone lines are still open but we would certainly encourage email communication at this time.
Please read on to learn about your options with your home, auto, or business policy. There is a lot of misinformation out there and we hope this will help set the record straight. This is an unprecedented and fluid situation in our industry — and in all of our lives. We vouch to constantly update this page as things change so please check back in as it will be updated constantly as new information comes in.
Fill Out Our Reduced Kilometers Savings Application
1) "I have heard there is a discount available for my auto policy due to COVID, how do I apply?"
1. Travelers have decided to extend their Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program and provide customers with an additional 15% credit on one month’s premium. This follows the 25% credit they announced in April.
2. Intact: COVID relief measures can be requested up until July 31st, after that date we can no longer request that the COIVD relief be applied to a policy. The premium reduction will remain on the policy for a period of 90 days. If you are an Intact client, click here and fill out the quick form.
3. Economical: The enhanced KM discount has been extended until July 31st. This means that discount will be removed from all policies effective August 1st and the KM will be readjusted back to what they were prior to the discount being added on. Originally the relief was for only 30 days. Economical clients are encouraged to contact our office for further information.
4. Aviva: COVID relief measures expired on June 15th, meaning June 14th was the last date that we were able to request for this discount to be added.
For more impactful savings, if you are willing to leave your vehicle parked, we can provide coverage for fire, theft and vandalism during this time at a significant reduction in your premiums. Contact us if you fit this description.
2) "COVID has resulted in a reduction of income for my family and we can’t afford our insurance premium this month, anything we can do?"
Yes! Each insurer is different but they are all offering some sort of deferral or a willingness to work with you during this time. Many are not charging NSF fees, should you miss a monthly payment. However, if you are proactive we can reschedule your payments for you to fit your needs. Contact us if you require a payment deferral or have any questions.
3) "Does my Business Interruption coverage cover my loss of income for my business policy?"
Short answer is no; there is generally a requirement for physical damage of your premises or contents to trigger your Business Interruption coverage. We are still reviewing these on a case by case basis, but to this date, the industry is standing firm on this with very few exceptions. Our recommendation at this time is to consider reporting a claim simply to get a declination letter. In the event that the government provides relief for your sector, they will likely require proof that coverage doesn’t exist elsewhere. This will put you ahead of the game in that situation.
From our family to yours, thank you for doing your part in social distancing.
Only together will we get through this and be stronger for it.